05 August, 2010

July (for real this time)

Wow this summer went by really fast, it is hard to believe that it is already August. Working throughout the month started out really hard because of my knee, in fact the first couple weeks I got to sit on a stool for the majority of all my shifts :) Although working almost 40 hours a week for the month was pretty rough. I finished up working there this last Sunday, and boy does it feel good to be able to relax a little.

My knee has been doing quite a bit better, my extension and flexibility has been getting a lot better and the swelling is going down a lot. Although I do have to go in for an MRI next week just to make sure there is no damage to cartilage or anything like that.

The Blueberry Festival was a couple of weeks ago, and as usual town (well the 5 block radius from the park & downtown) was a literal bee hive. That bee hive was full of rival bees however, meaning town was packed and trying to get anywhere past the park was a pain. Although I do have to admit the Gyros, Fried Bread, Kettle Corn and etc. were just as good as always. The park had several booths that were actually quite interesting, some with really cool items and others with some very odd things.

Summer training for skiing ended this morning although I haven't been able to do any of the workouts it has been fun to go and at least see people over the last couple of weeks, because for a while I felt like I was losing my mind from not being able to see other people, since I've been boxed up in the house for so long.

Over the last weeks I have been working on my Norske and it is coming along. Packing is basically the same story, it has been coming along slowly but it has been coming along. It has actually been kind of a weird feeling trying to pick what I will need and hoping I won't forget anything important.

People keep asking me if I am getting nervous but to be honest I really am not all that nervous. I am just so very excited about it, and for some other unknown reason I don't really feel nervous. Knowing there will be hard makes it actually more exciting for me, mainly because those tough times will only make the whole trip more memorable.

In this time two weeks from now I will be on a plane heading for NORWAY!!!!! I can't believe it is coming up so quickly, normally my summers seem to go by really slow but this summer has just rocketed by. Although it could be from all of the chill time I have had, since I have never really had time to just relax during the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hei Jon!
    Ah! You will have so much fun i Norge! I am so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete