25 August, 2010

My trip so far

Okay I know it has been a while and I apologize, in my defense it has been really hectic. I think the best way to tell you is to write a day by day recap starting with wednesday morning.

Wednesday (onsdag)
The technical start of my journey began with waking myself up at 3:30 in the morning (morgen) to drive to the minneapolis airport to strt my flight which was a 1 hour flight to chicago with a two hour lay-over followed by an hour (time) long flight to NYC (the big apple). This was my very first (første) experience on a plane, and I was all by myself. It was pretty hard saying bye to my family (but no offense to you guys but I will see you again, plus I was so excited that it wasnæt as hard as it could have been). In the La Quardia airport I met my first AFSers, students going to the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Hungary, and a fellow Norwegian student. From there we traveled to the hotel and met the rest of the students along with the leaders that would be teching us as much as they new in 24 hours.

Thursday (torsdag)
Pretty boring all day, we started with a bunch of classes and lessons about the AFS mission, rules and blah, blah, blah. The cool part was the we were able to split into our seperate countries for most of it so I really got to know the other 8 (åtte) norske students. Then we ate and went to bed.

Friday (fredag)
Things really started to get nuts here. We got up and had a last few minute things that AFS had to teach us and such and hopped onto the buses that would take us to the airport so that we could leave for our host countries!! Everyone (correct me if I am wrong) was so excited to get on that plane! Although the fact that it would be an 8+ hour flight did dampen the spirit of some. Anyway we went through security and everything with like 30-40 students or so (Finland, Sweden, and the Latvia students were also ggoing to the same airport). That tooks the most time but once we were through it was really sweet, although we did just sit around for 2 hours waiting to board. The plane was cool (touch screens with movies and games were included)

More will come later, its getting late and I have morning classes I need to be ready for.
Takk
Jon

1 comment:

  1. Nina Haaversen31 August, 2010 13:58

    lol, what do you mean waking yourself up....if I remember correctly that was your dad and my job, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete