23 March, 2011

Birken og andre ting

Okay time for another update, I know I said I will write in both Norwegian and English but that takes forever, and I don't have enough time to do both in every post. So I have decided I will alternate between the two languages, and for those of you thinking "I won't be able to understand it." All you have to do is copy and past what I wrote into google translate. Yes it will not be a perfect translation but it will get my point across, and if that is still confusing just leave a comment and I will see what I can do.

Now time for the information. Not much happened the weekend after my last post except the other exchange student from Minnesota I met came over and we watched the first two Harry Potter movies because I have never watched them and he happens to be a big fan. Other than that though it was just a weekend to chill out. I got a lot of stuff done over the weekend which was nice though.

Not much haååened for the rest of the week, pretty boring especially because I am getting into a pattern now, so a lot of things are becoming routine, which means boring for the most part. Did decently well on my last couple of tests in school which was nice. For Friday me and the other exchange students had a class together with a first grade class (first high school grade, not like 7 year olds). It really wasn't very difficult and again pretty boring, but it was nice to have something different than usual.

After that it was back home to pack for the weekend, because we were heading up north because I was doing the Norwegian Birkebeiner on Saturday! So it was a pretty awesome weekend, it was definitely a hard race, and I didn't finish as quickly as I wanted to, but I can blame that on minimal training the past month or so. I still was able to finish in 4 hours and 12 minutes though, which still isn't bad for 54 kilomters with a 3.5 kg backpack and over two mountains.

We stayed with my host mother's brother and his family, it was a lot of fun to stay with them and get to know them all a little better. It was also really cool to see another part of Norway, it is really beautiful up where they are and towards Lillehammer. Definitely a really nice part of the country.

Heading back home on Sunday we stopped in Oslo to celebrate my older host brothers birthday which was earlier in the week. We went out to eat dinner at a pizza place in Oslo and went back to his apartment for dessert later on, then it was back home.

Back home which meant back to school in the morning. It really isn't so bad just hard to motivate myself knowing that it counts for nothing, but lately things have been going a little better.

Spring is starting to show itself, for example it got into the upper 50's lower 60's Fahrenheit or about 10-15 degrees Celsius. The sun has been out in abundance the last week and trees are starting to show small blossoms. It has been really nice with the added daylight, it starts getting dark around 7 now and we haven't even changed clocks forward yet!

I am really looking forward to the nice weather, being able to run and bike again and also being able to spend time outside in shorts! Over the last few days I haven't even needed to wear a coat, my sweatshirt has been plenty to keep me warm walking to and from the bus stop.

Things have been going good though and while there are some things that I am coming to miss (like driving) and other things that kind of get on my nerves here, it has been an awesome experience so far and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It is hard to believe that it has been over 7 months already and that I only have like 3 months left, time really does go by too fast. It has also been really nice lately because I understand just about everything now and I can speak fairly well too, so I haven't been totally clueless in classes and when my friends are talking with each other which has been cool.

Anyway that is about all that has happened lately, if you have any questions just leave a comment or shoot me an email.
Thanks for reading!
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment