01 September, 2010

First days continued

Okay my last post ended with ondsdag so we move on to torsdag
Torsdag
From what I remember nothing really interesting happened, I went to school had my sports class right away at 8, folowed by history, biology and the second of many norsk lessons.
Fredag
This was probably the hardest day out of the week because it was fagdag (subject day). They base what you have on this day off of your schedule, and being the first week it started with first period, which I had math. So from 8-3, with breaks every hour and a half or so, I had math. By the end of the day I thought my head would explode from all of the new words. To be honest the math really is not anything new for me but having to try and figure out what everything problem asked was really difficult to say the least.
Lørdag
YAY for sleeping in! I got to sleep until after 9! I was so exhausted (and still am) from having to try so hard to understand even basic things. Today was the fun day of the week, we got to 1) check out Oslo (which included Vigelandsparken , the 2011 World Championship Venue for downhill, ski jumping and cross country, we also went to the ski museum, and the kings castle , I also took a city train for the first time) 2) I got to meet my host brother and his girlfriend who live in Oslo 3) we went to a wedding party that evening(a lot of people I did not know but it was all good, I actually met someone that was from Montana, and two people who had spent some time in or near Minnesota!)
Sundag
Another day to sleep in, especially since it was after midnight when we got home. Slept in a for quite a while, after frokost me and my host parents went to Verdens Ende (worlds end), it was a really cool place and only like a 15 minute drive from the house. It is a really popular place for Sundag afternoons I was told. Got home did a lot of translating for Biologi and called it a night.

So there you have it, my first week with my host family. Since it would be quite pointless and rather boring to continue doing a day by day recap I will just say things of importance from here on. Anyway, Takk for lesing.
Ha det!
Jon

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do remember what it was like to be totally, completely EXHAUSTED from listening and trying to understand. It gets better!!

    love your posts, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete