08 September, 2010

Time sure flys...

...when your having fun. One week since my last post, which is probably how it will work for the rest of the year because on Wednesday I am done with classes at 11:10!!

Anyway a lot happened since I last posted, starting with that Wednesday night. A friend invited me to go sailing. So my first thought was "oh cool I get to go on a little sailboat on the ocean!" However it was no "small" sailboat (at least by my standards), and it wasn`t just a little stroll around the bay, it was a race. Although I was told that because there were so many new people (new being me and one other person), that it was just going to be for training. It was a ot of fun, even though I just stood there for almost the whole time and watched (I was clueless as to what they were saying). Towards the end once the wind finally started to pick up I got upgraded to winch monkey, WOOHOO. Regrdless though it was a lot of fun, plus afterwords I tried Norwegian Waffles for the first time, and may I say they are delicious.

The next day after my classes I decided to do a rollerski test with Oseberg Skilag (Osberg ski team). It hurt so much, basically it was a 4.5 kilometer double pole time trial, and even though I had tried to get strength training in while I was down with my leg it is completely different when you are actually up and going. Enough complaining, it was fun and I have a TON of room to improve.

The next part I really like, it was fagdag again (subject day), and this time....I HAD THE DAY OFF! I had talked about going for a bike into town and exploring but it was chilly and I was exhausted from the week, so I just chilled out at the house and waited for our 3:30 departure for the family cottage in SWEDEN! Long story short; we drove to Sandfjord and hopped on a huge ferry heading for Sweden, got to Sweden about 2 hours later and drove another hour and a half to the cottage. Then ate some food and went to bed.

Followed the next day by yard work (mowing, raking, some other stuff). After we had lunch and headed to a city called Göteborg, and we went to an amusement park there called Liseberg. It was a lot of fun, me and my host-brother went on pretty much every thrill ride, roller coaster, and an assortment of others, except for the ones where you had to wait 45+ minutes to get on. Then we left went back to the cottage and called it a night. It is kind of interesting how different Sweden is from Norway even though they are so close together.

Sunday we just got to hang out for most of the morning, although we did take a little tour around the island (Tjörn) it was really cool we went to one of the beaches, checked out a couple of stores and finished by going to this old farm turned museum/cafe, which sits right next to the largest "mountain" on the island. It was really funny though because aparently the women who owned the place like a hundred years ago was a little nuts. When the were doing some work on the place before turning it into the cafe the found a skeleton of a man in the celler of one of the building, and apparently she had kept the man (who I think my host-mom said was a priest) locked in the celler so no one could find him. Talk about psyco. Then we went to the cottage sat in the sun, packed and drove home. The drive included another smaller ferry ride that took about 30 min, and back home.

Nothing else fun happened until yesterday (i går), morning was boring, had all of my Tuesday classes, although in gym we did something called the cooper test. In the test you run for 12 minutes and see how far you can get in that time, here I was thinking, okayy if I can get 5 I`ll be doing good (because of my knee), I actually finished with 50 meters short of 7 laps, I was totally surprised I got that far. We also had our class pictures (klassebilde) taken, it was cool, but my front teeth look like they are missing. In my sports class we played some pretty intense volleyball and it was a blast. Later I went to a movie with a couple friends to the new kino (cinema) in town. It was a relly nice place and apparently is like the best in Scandinavia and one of the best in Europe, at least thats what they told me. We watched a movie called "Flåklypa Grand Prix" I am sure it was a really neat movie, but it was hard to tell because I understood almost nothing. Then we just sat and talked for a little while and I headed home.

So there is pretty much everything interesting/exciting that happened in the last week. Maybe I will even get a little philosophical next time.... probably not. Hope you enjoyed reading.
Hilsen
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment