15 September, 2010

One more week

Again it doesn`t seem like much has happened since I posted last week, but I can tell you that it sure doesn`t feel like a week since I posted.

Last week today I went to this kind of youth group with a couple friends who are leaders, and we played a form of Norwegian baseball (at least thats what they told me it was). Had a lot of fun playing, not many people were there though because it is so early into the school year that they haven`t heavily started to recruit people yet. Regardless it was fun.

Nothing really happened Thursday, went for a nice hour and a half rollerski with my host dad and some others. Friday was nuts, I had my sports class allday for fag dag. In the morning we played floor hockey, the first økt (two time periods) was more on technique and the next økt was all playing (people get really serious) but it was loads of fun. After a nutty trip to the local meny we had an økt of theory followed by a 6 kilometer run and called it a day. Needless to say I was tired, I got home took a nap hung out with the family for the rest of the night and went to sleep.

9-11, it seems hard to believe that it has been almost 10 years since it happened. I was 9 years old and I don`t remember much about that day but what I do remember I wish I could forget. Normally I wouldn`t make a post like this but for many days there has been stuff on the news about the mosque being built near the memorial, and it got me thinking, so yeah. Moving on, my host dad, host brother and I went into town (after a nice late start to the day, 10 O`clock WOOHOO) and wondered around, went to a couple of sport stores, wondered around the shopping center (pretty much a mall, minus a huge food court, and not so big) and just wondered. It was nice not having any plans and just wondering around. I did get to try real Norwegian softis, BEST soft ice cream EVER! (just the amazing chocolate and ice would be enough of an incentive to move :) For dinner we went to one of my host dads best friends house for dinner with some other friends of theirs as well. It was a lot of fun, got to meet two more people that had come to the US as exchange students in the past, and my host dads friend and his family have also hosted two exchange students. So I had some really sweet conversations (as I attempted some in Norwegian, not all of it was that great).

Next we have Sunday, we went to church for the first time, it was definitely different than I am used to, but it wasn`t all bad I don`t think, I got to see what it was like after all. Then my host parents, my host fathers mother and I went to the Tønsberg Fortress (Tønsberg Slottsfjellet), it was really cool. It`s on one of the highest points in the area and you can see for miles, it is so cool. You can still see the ruins of the walls, buildings, the church and everything. The tower was rebuilt in the late 1800`s and so we went up to the top and looked around (guess what I got even more pictures). One of these days I really need to sort through them and post them on here and facebook. We had a small snack after walking through the folk museum down the hill. It was a really interesting place, and I will definitely be going back to look around more.

Back to school again. I am getting so bored in math and physics, math is a piece of cake, and physics isn`t much better. Once I get the problems translated it takes me so little time to finish the problems, and for the rest of the class I just sit there being bored. That was my vent time for Monday, ready for Tuesdays slot? It wasn`t to bad, I started out with the Norwegian class for the exchange student, thankfully it is getting harder and I am actually starting to learn quite a bit more, next we move on to gym, we played soccer for a while then we did some 100 meter sprints so it was actually quite a bit of fun. After lunch came the tough part, Biology. I am starting to understand more but when we have a lab or activity I am pretty darn useless, I give my opinion on things and the two other people I work with do all the writing, and I attempt to read the assignment and do some translating, but it is very slow going. Thankfully next I had my sports class, so I just got to run! We did what they call Orienteering, this time we did the easy version, you get a map with a spot somewhere on it where you either have to grab or drop a little strip of plastic, when you do either of those you go back to the start and grab a different map. Me and my partner started out walking, but the first one we had was reall close so we were the first ones back. After that we started running, everything was fairly close so we didn`t have to go overally far, but next time we will have to go much further and the tasks will be more difficult. Anyway it was a lot of fun but ended up being almost an hour of running I think. Overall it was an okay day.

Look at that, I am already to today. Not really anything fun has happened so far, had another boring morning of math and physics (although I do love getting done so early). Hopefully I will get to do something tonight that will change things around.

Håp du liker lesing! I will try to get some bilde (photos) up soon, but this weekend is looking to be pretty busy so we`ll see.
Ha det!
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment