08 February, 2011

Fantastisk uke!!!

This last week has been awesome! It started out pretty boring but ended great. The fun started on Friday when I went with my sports class to Kongsberg for downhill skiing. It was a ton of fun, and for my second time downhill skiing it went pretty good. Kongsberg didn't have as many different runs as Giants Ridge but it was a whole lot longer. I had a lot of fun with everyone and got to learn some new things. After that it was off to the Kongsberg train station to wait for the train south for the AFS Camp.

I got on the train and right away ran into several people from the camp, for the most part the ride down was pretty boring except for being able to just chat with a bunch of the students. Got to the train station and waited for the last students from the south and then headed to the place where we would have the camp.

We got there and started with unloading the bus and then getting some food, followed by chilling out, talking and just relaxing. Had to be up fairly early for breakfast, after breakfast it was on to free time, hehe. Guess what we did, we built a giant snow fort! It was awesome and ended up being huge, we ate lunch and then did a short activity thing. Then it was more free time, we went for a short ski and messed around some more before dinner.

After dinner it was more chill time and we also had another short activity a little later. We also found out that there was a high chance of the northern lights for the night so we were allowed to stay up and try and catch them. So we stayed up and chilled but unfortunately no northern lights, but it was cool to just sit outside and watch the stars, there were a ton of shooting stars.

Now on to the last day, we had the boy/girl talk again, then it was on to packing and cleaning. Eventually we all had to leave :( It was an awesome weekend though and we all said bye to one of the students who chose to go back home, if you are reading you know who you are, we'll all miss you man! After the couple hour train ride home it was back home for a little bit and then off to one of my friends house to watch the Super bowl.

I found it really funny that I don't think I have ever watched the super bowl back home but watched it here in Norway, especially considering we had to stay up until 4:30 to watch the whole thing. After the weekend it was really hard to stay up, and by the time it finished we would only have an hour or so to sleep, so we decided to pull an all-nighter.

After the super bowl school on Monday was really hard but I made it through. Got home and went right to bed, and slept most of the way to morning with only an hour awake in-between. Next came another day of downhill skiing! This time with the whole school, so I got to go with all of my friends. It was a ton of fun, we got there around 10ish I think and I went straight to rent out skis for the day. Was out skiing by around 10:30-11 I think, we went on every trail and even took some paths through the woods.

We headed back at 3 and then I just chilled out, although I was pretty wiped out, so just relaxed and wrote stuff in here. Anyway the last week has been totally awesome, it has been filled with so many things and some awesome time spent with all of my friends. It is hard to believe that it has been six months already and I am really bummed that I only have 5 months left but I am determined to make the best of the time I have left.

It has also been a little hard the last little while because money has been getting a little tight because everything is so expensive, plus it doesn't help that I need to get skis which is going to cost a lot.

Anyway that is things for now, thanks for reading and sorry no Norwegian for now, I am wiped out, a little sick and ready for bed.
Hilsen
Jon

2 comments:

  1. så kult at din skole dro allesammen til bakken! æ vil at min skole og gjøre det... men bakken her e ikkje så store, bare 3-4 forskjellig vier... men det e bedre den ingen! æ ikkje set på superbowlen, men æ ikkje dro til skole neste dag. kver gang æ ikkje få nok sove æ få en liten feber så æ blit hjem og sovt til rundt kl 11.30... :D sååå bra!!! æ e kjempe glad at du skrive mer ofte nå!takk takk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja det var veldig kult, men bakken her er ikke så stor også, der er bare 4 sanne vier og ett eller to i skogene. haha veldig kult, jeg vet ikke hvorden jeg gjorde gjennom min skole timer, jeg sovet nesten 14 timer etter på så det var bra etter den. Ja, det ta ikke så mye tid når jeg oppdaterer mer ofte.

    ReplyDelete